Volunteering Opportunities in Prestatyn and Denbighshire
From volunteering and helping out at The Old Library on a daily basis, garden maintenance, facilitating at events, helping with Dementia activities, to working on adapted bikes we have lots of opportunities to be a part of our ever developing community hub.
Anyone can volunteer. It can be very rewarding and is a great way to:
- meet new people
- gain new or use existing skills
- get experience
- make a big difference to your community
There are lots of easy ways to give your time to help others – from having a cup of tea with an elderly neighbour, to helping out in your local area or making a regular commitment to volunteer with a charity or community group.
We are members of DVSC and also facilitate Prestatyn Dementia Friendly Community. We are currently run by a devoted group of volunteers are are looking to expanding our range of community activities.
Volunteers can offer as little or as much time as they like and are particularly welcomed during our community events.
Volunteers just recently have:
- facilitated junior and adult art and craft sessions,
- manned a Health 4 all day,
- helped Santa (the biggest volunteer),
- collected for Christmas hampers,
- worked on adapted bikes,
- held dementia friends awareness sessions,
- held bereavement sessions,
- represented our locality in London, Scotland and Cardiff.
At The Old Library Prestatyn we do not have any public toilets within the building. We have use of toilets including disabled within 40 metres adjacent to 12 disabled car parking spaces. We endeavour to be as inclusive as practically possible under the terms of our licence to lease the building and finances.