Your support is amazing.
This week we have had lots more support and assistance coming in, including attending another meeting organised by our MP Chris Ruane in Rhyl.
The meeting for voluntary organisations was about fundraising in The Vale of Clwyd. Denbighshire County Council, The National Lottery and DVSC were all represented and spoke about their organisations.
On Thursday we will be presenting at a major conference at Theatr Clwyd. It will be good to spread the word about our work here in Prestatyn.
Made in North Wales Social Prescribing Conference
26 October 2017
One approach to challenging avoidable health inequalities is Social Prescribing. An approach that sees us using our community and social assets collaboratively to respond to the growing demand for non-clinical help that can impact positively on our health and wellbeing.
The ‘Made in North’ Social Prescribing Conference will:
- Provide a platform and network for Social Prescribing; launch the initial model/approach across the region; becoming a catalyst for change and mechanism for capturing and evidencing the impact
- Demonstrate what is already actively being delivered across the region and learn from those approaches
- Innovatively engage and provide space for attendees to be creative with our approaches and evolve these together
- Create opportunities to collaborate across sectors, and share learning & debate
- Use our community and social assets more effectively, complementing the clinical model and supporting GP’s
- Deepen understanding of Social Prescribing and the regional and local approaches across North Wales.
This event will be of interest to
- GPs – in North Wales, nationally and wider UK
- Health professionals (physical & mental health) in North Wales, nationally and wider UK
- Patients / and Service User Groups
- Health Board Members
- Local authority staff – local, national and wider UK
- Housing association staff – in North Wales, nationally and wider UK
- Universities (Academics and students)
- Third sector /social enterprise / providers of social prescribing activities – in North Wales, nationally and wider UK
- Public Service Board Across North Wales
- Private Sector organisations with an interest in social responsibility (including emerging BCorps)