Artisans Collective CIC
Prestatyn Artisans at the Old Library are open Tuesday through to Saturday from 10am until 5pm.
Latest News from the Artisans
Heritage Nearly a year ago we had a visit from a very nice guy named Richard. who asked about the front area we have in the Old Library Art Craft and Heritage Centre and what we used it for. He explained to us how he had come across an original 1890’s LNWR platform bench from Prestatyn … Continue reading "Heritage, Health, Wellbeing, and our Community Hub"
The post Heritage, Health, Wellbeing, and our Community Hub appeared first on Artisans Collective CIC. by Peter Harrison
What we are about.
We offer a unique community facility in Prestatyn. Where Artisans, Artists and Craftspeople display and sell their handmade art and craft items on the Old Library shelves.
Including: Needlework, Pure Natural Bath, body & pamper products, Leathercraft, Art, Cards, Clocks, Upcycled, recycled, and repurposed gifts, Jewellery, and lots more.
With displays of local interest, heritage items and local information in a unique community hub facility in the heart of our town. Walking resources are provided by Walkers are Welcome and the Prestatyn & Clwydian Range Walking Festival.
We also hold art and craft clubs and workshops and continue to take part in local community events, at our premises and other locations in the area.
Increasingly we are becoming involved with community health and wellbeing, through working with Healthy Prestatyn Iach.
Dementia Friends awareness sessions are held at The Old Library, members of our team chair and participate in the Prestatyn Dementia Friendly Community steering group.
Our Current list of weekly activities,
Prestatyn Men’s Shed each Tuesday morning from 10:30am
Stop Smoking Wales from 5pm until 7pm each Tuesday evening.
Aimee’s Art Group each Friday Morning.
Jayne’s Children’s art and craft workshops from 10am and Yvette’s Crochet sessions every Saturday morning.
During 2015 Artisans Collective took part in many local and national initiatives to help benefit our community and improve our area including:
- Voluntary Arts week
- Wales in Bloom
- Incredible Edible
- Grow Wild
- Treasure Chest Breast Cancer Support Group
- Royal British Legion Poppy appeal – provision of office facilities
- Ehlers-Danlos Support UK – pop up charity shop
- Healthy High streets
- The Great British High Street awards
- Prestatyn Town Council Events including facilitating the Christmas grotto and lights turn on and Denbighshire County Council reopening of the Nova event.
- The “Romans Return” heritage event at Prestatyn Town Football Club
- Prestatyn flower show
- Prestatyn classic car show
- Denbighshire County Council, Ty Nant Development Consultations.
- St David’s Day drop in art and craft sessions supported by Principality Building Society.
- Working with Coleg Llandrillo facilitating “Traineeships” sessions.
- Providing the artwork for Prestatyn mayor’s 2016 calendar and Christmas cards.
- Facilitating Prestatyn Men’s Shed
We also provide a collection point for the Alive Church food bank (Was Calvary Church).
Flexible room hire is available for a variety of uses during the week.
- 2014 Prestatyn Town Council Community Awards – Community Group Winners
- 2015 Prestatyn Town Council Community Awards – Community Group Winners
- 2015 Wales in Bloom It’s your Neighbourhood Award – Level 3.